A penetration test will significantly help safeguard and make aware the current risks against many network security threats giving the peace of mind of due diligence, including financial compromise, damage to reputation, business risk exposure, unwanted legal issues and loss of internet presence.
Penetration tests are valuable for several reasons:
- Determining the feasibility of a particular set of attack methods.
- Identifying higher-risk vulnerabilities that result from a combination of lower-risk vulnerabilities.
- Identifying vulnerabilities that may be difficult or impossible to detect with automated network or application vulnerability scanning software.
- Assessing the magnitude of potential business and operational impacts of successful attacks.
- Testing the ability of network defenders to successfully detect and respond to the attacks.
- Providing evidence to support increased investments in security personnel and technology